Friday, June 20, 2008

It's been too long

Wow. It's been way too long since I worked on this. Let's see...

I got a job in Madison as a statistician in an opthamology research lab. I feel like I'm finally getting out of job purgatory here in Albuquerque. It's hard for me to believe that we'll only be here for another two months. It'll be time to say our goodbyes soon and get ready to do the whole "new people" thing again. Part of me is very excited (especially after my trip last weekend) about this move because I feel like it's a step forward for both D and I, but I know I'll be sad to leave. There are a lot of nice things about Albuquerque, and I hate that, unlike the other places we've left, we won't have any reason to go back to visit.

Fitness wise, this week the plan has been:
U- off
M- 8mi with 2x1.5mi. I did the first one at 8:10 pace and the second at 8:02 pace, strength and yoga
T- 6.5mi
W-9mi, yoga
R-6.5 mi, strength
F-2.5mi, elliptical
S-4mi, elliptical

I'm doing a 5k this weekend which explains the higher milage at the beginning of the week and mini taper at the end. And it explains why I feel totally without motivation to run this morning. I could add the 2.5 to tomorrow, but I want to try to start running 6 days a week.

As a side note... can anyone explain to me why the guys who live upstairs are listening to "Take My Breath Away" so loud I can recognize it coming through the celing?

Back to running...

I want to use one of the Pfitz plans again for marathon training next year so I'm trying to structure my runs during the week the same way the one in the plan are. The idea would be speed Monday, long Tuesday, easy Wednesday, long Thursday, easy Friday, long Saturday, off Sunday. The problem right now is that we're planning to travel so much (and I have two 5ks planned) this summer that many weekends a long run often is out of the question. I'd love to feel comfortable at 40mpw by the end of the summer, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do with my schedule. I'd also like to run another half marathon or two this fall, but I'm not sure if I'll have the ability to train correctly. There's one in Appleton, WI on Sept. 21 that's about 6 weeks after our move which would (I guess, I hope) give me time to get enough quality long runs in to be successful. There's another trail 1/2 in Madison about a month later that could work, too, but I'd rather do that in addition to a regular 1/2 not instead of one.