Saturday, June 21, 2008

Easy Saturday

Just got back from 4mi easy with 4 strides and 30min on the elliptical. I think I'm ready for the 5k tomorrow. The last 5k I did was back in Feb and I finished in 25:36, and I think a goal of under 25min is very reasonable. To be honest, I have no real sense of pacing so my times just sort of happen right now. I just try to run as fast as I can without venturing too much into the "thow-up feeling" zone. Hopefully continuing to do the speed training will help me learn what different paces feel like.

I was proud of myself for getting to the gym and getting in my easy 2.5 and 45min arc trainer yesterday. I actually had a pretty good workout despite still having arm/shoulder pain. As of today, I've run 6 days in a row without a rest/XT day, which is the longest I've ever gone before. Tomorrow will extend that to 7, again the longest. I'd really like to be able to run 6 days a week going into training for my next marathon, but the key is to do it injury-free. We will be going camping next weekend with church, and I hope I'll still be able to run next Saturday, but because I'm taking my day off Monday (rather than Sunday) this week, I'll get a max 5 days in a row.

I also need to start making serious decisions about a fall 1/2 marathon.