Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What a tease

The weather.  Seriously.  After a cold, snowy weekend, we had a beautiful day yesterday- high of 40!- and today we are back at "feels like 9" with a high of 20.  



Fortunately I was able to take advantage of the warm weather yesterday to get in a good speed workout outside.  I warmed up and did 6x800m with 2min rest in between.  Interval times were 3:40, 3:42, 3:35, 3:38, 3:42, 3:41 min, which is off of the FIRST prescribed pace of 3:26 but in the McMillan range of 3:32- 3:42.  Today is leg day at the gym and tomorrow I'm scheduled for 5mi tempo.  It's going to be on the cold side again tomorrow, but that affects actual interval running more than tempo running.  Plus it guarantees there won't be a massive thaw-freeze cycle to gunk up my sidewalks.

Work has been busy, but I feel like I'm keeping up with everything.  I think leaving all my mental energy at the office makes me feel boring and less interested in coming up with fun and/or interesting post ideas.  There is a lot to be done between now and the beginning of May.

Hoping you are someplace warmer than me...