Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mini Taper

Yesterday was my last "real run" of the week before the race Sunday, and sadly it was on the treadmill again.  We got about 6 unexpected inches of snow Tuesday night, and it was still snowing pretty hard by the time I caught the bus on Wednesday morning.  Fortunately it warmed up a lot, and the sidewalks and roads are clear again.  For now*.  We are forecast for rain/snow on Saturday, but hopefully the course won't be too icy.  Can I say it again?  I'm sick of winter!

So is this guy- for sure.
But running has been good.  Monday I ran 6x400m (outside!) in 1:43, 1:46, 1:39, 1:47, 1:40 and 1:47.  I went back and forth over the same stretch of ground, and, although it looks totally flat, you can see from my splits that there was definitely an easy way and a hard way.  Tuesday I did weights but backed off any really heavy lifting, and yesterday was 8mi fairly easy on the gym treadmill.  I'm back at the gym this morning for more higher rep, lower weight upper body work and maybe an easy 2 or 3 miles depending on my time.  I'll rest tomorrow with maybe some easy yoga, 4mi easy on Saturday, and ready to run fast (and hopefully not slip and roll down Observatory Hill) Sunday.

*And hopefully our snow clearing public employees are not going to go on strike.