Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Taking a break

Whew. I've been working on writing the introduction for my paper pretty much all day, and I have my first draft finished. All three paragraphs of it. I don't feel like I have much more brain power for work today. Good think I'm leaving in a half hour to go to the gym. I really need a break before I try to get back into it tomorrow when I start the discussion section. I don't know if that will be harder or easier.

Ran yesterday again. Still having a lot of tightness in my hamstring and hip. The ART therapist worked on me again and recommended I do a lot more hamstring/hip strength exercises and work on stretching both my hamstrings and my quads and hip flexors. I'm actually thinking about changing up my strength training routine to only do hamstring and hip exercises rather than quad stuff. I already get a lot of quad strengthening from running uphill, spinning, and stair climbing. I don't want to keep keep pushing my muscle imbalance in that way.

On a sad note, I only have one more episode of season 3 of The Office left to watch tonight. Although I did hear that they play re-runs of the previous season on Tuesdays, so I'll have to look into that. The Office has been like Harry Potter for me. I simultaneously wanted to get through it as fast as I could to know what happens and savor it forever. Unfortunately I won't see my The Office freebie source for a few more weeks so I guess I'll have to rely on re-runs of Good Eats to get me through it.