Sunday, April 19, 2009

Beautiful day!

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful: 70 degrees, sunny, just a slight breeze. Perfect weather for being outside and enjoying the city I hid from December through March.

I had a good run yesterday. 12 miles in 1:50. A little slower than I would have liked, but that happens. I think I actually got overheated at the end with long sleeves, an ear band, and gloves on. I can't believe it's going to be warm enough to run in just shorts and a t-shirt soon.

My leg seems to be doing better. I still have some hip and hamstring pain, but I have confidence it's going to clear up with ART, stretching, and rolling. I'm incredibly thankful that I can still run, and this thing doesn't have me completely out of the game. I just have to be careful.

We didn't get any garden work done yesterday because it started to rain in the afternoon (and I was tired from running and D. wanted to go to the gym). I went to the farmer's market opening weekend with some friends, and D. got a hair cut and his quarterly Arby's fix. We have the International Club potluck at church today, D. has school work, and I have grocery shopping to do, but hopefully we'll get out there in the late afternoon as long as it's not raining. It was supposed to rain all day, but so far not a drop.

Hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday!