Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Some tuuunes


I had a great idea for a post earlier, but after about 2 hours worth of changing 4s to 5s, it's totally slipped my mind.

Anyway, I have a new mission for this week. Our tri club spinning leader told us that if we wanted to make a CD of songs for spinning, she'd use it in one of our remaining workouts.

I've actually thought about this quite a bit, and I already have plans for both an all-Led Zeppelin and an all-Beatles spin workout should the need ever arise.

But silly other people like variety so I'm going to have to try to mix it up. Her workouts are pretty hard so I have to think of some fast, peppy songs for sprints and slower, longer songs for hills. The whole thing should be about 60 min long with a warm up and cool down song on each end.

Right now I'm thinking:

Warm-up:
Not sure yet

Fast/sprint:
I've Just Seen a Face- The Beatles
Hey Ya- Outkast
Black Dog- Led Zeppelin
I Believe in a Thing Called Love- The Darkness

Slow/hill:
Enter Sandman- Metallica
Take Five (No, not really - no one would get it, and I'd probably have to throw myself head first off the bike during the drum solo)
Hook- Blues Traveler

Cool-down:
Under the Bridge- Mazzy Star (This may actually be too mellow.)

Any suggestions?

Today's workout was pretty tough. I hit 168 ave watts and we did lots of hills (which I actually prefer about 100 times to sprints). Should leave to do some strength in a few minutes.