Sunday, November 16, 2008

The weekend is always too short




It's 4pm on Sunday, and it feels like the weekend has flown by. Just when I get used to not having to get up at 5:30 and not having to be productive all day, it's time to turn around and get cranking again.

Yesterday was my long run day. I did 12mi in right under 1:48, which was exciting because it's the first time I've finished a long run with an average pace faster than a 9-minute mile. I'm still thinking about training and marathons, but I'm back to the idea of just doing Mad City in the spring. I don't see a huge benefit to any of the other marathons I've considered- or at least not one that's greater than not having to travel.

In order to celebrate fall (and push the Christmas craziness back a bit- at least in my mind), here are a couple pictures from Madison this fall. One is me right after I cut my hair, one is D. firing a gourd into a lake, and the last is our pumpkin for Halloween. Hopefully it's obvious which is which.