Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dissappointment

Well, my 5k today did not go very well. I thought I felt good and prepared. I thought I pushed myself. But I finished in a pretty abysmal 26:10ish. Even worse than the Homecoming 5k. It was on grass and they did have us run up this Indian burial mound deal, but still... I used the course as an excuse last time. It seems pretty lame to do the same this time.

It's funny because, even though I'm slightly dissappointed, I'm not really that upset about it. I guess I should be happy that I'm not ruining my day dwelling on it. I just need to use this as motivation to train harder during the week and get prepared for the Burbee Derby. I was thinking about doing the 10k, but right now I just want to do well in a 5k because I feel like that's what I've been focusing on this fall. That race is basically my last shot before the end of the year.

Well, I'm going to go watch the UF/GA game and work on some ornaments.

_____________________________________
Workout:
2.4mi warm up
3.1mi race
2.5mi cool down