Monday, November 17, 2008

Leave comments!

Recently I've had a couple people tell me they've enjoyed reading this blog, which is exciting because I do intend to "go public" with it (as in send out a mass e-mail to friends/family who I don't connect with via Runners World or Facebook to alert them of its existence) someday.

I've held off on doing that so far because I don't feel like the concept for the blog has gelled in my mind yet. I started it this past summer when I began doing speed training because interval feature in the training log I've been using wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I wanted more detail and fewer fields to fill out. But then I started thinking about the blog more as a way to share my life with people who are far away and also to practice writing about interesting things I've read.

Right now it's sort of a weird mish-mash of all three. Ideally it would be mostly reflection on topics that interest me with a daily update about my training and an every-so-often update (with pictures, etc) about my life. But then the problem becomes... exactly what do I write about? How do I pick topics? I'm trying to get in the habit of posting every day, and it becomes pretty tempting at 3pm to just naval gaze in order to have something to put on the page. Hence all the diet posts. But that's boring to everyone... even me!

So here is my request to anyone "out there": leave comments! Nice comments, please! Even if it's just to tell me you've read the blog. And let me know if you have any ideas about topics to post about or where you see the blog going. For example, someone asked me how I get up early every day. I could write about how I get up early and the pros and cons of being an early riser. Because there are definitely cons. I'm sure there comes a point when I blogger can basically generate his or her own ideas, but the good ones always respond to reader comments/questions. So readers, if you're out there, please say "hi."

__________________________________________
Workout:
Spinning
2 sets of stairs
Lower body and core