Friday, November 14, 2008

OMG. The weather is beautiful. Get me out of the office!

It's a quiet day at work and a beautiful day outside. You can't imagine how much I want to be out there. It has rained every single day for at least the last week, but today it's warm and sunny. And I am inside. Very sad, indeed.

I'm thinking that as long as the weather holds, (weather.com seems to think it's nasty outside, but it's definitely not) I'm going to do another run after work and call it my long run for the week. I know that you don't get the real benefits of a long run if you split it in two, but I like to have one 12-miler in the log every week, and I don't think it'll matter too much if I fudge this one a bit. Besides, tomorrow we are supposed to be back to rainy, cold, windy, and nasty. I'll save a short run for that, thanks very much.

Also, I have so many great ideas for Christmas/baby shower gifts to make. I think from now on I'm designating Sunday as craft day. I should have my ornaments finished (or ready to be finished) by the end of the South Carolina game tomorrow so I can start on some new stuff. I can't say what they are right now, though, because someday I'm going to "go public" to friends and family with the blog, and I don't want to give away any surprises.

I'm excited because I love it when I see the perfect gift for someone and it's even better when I can take part in making it so it has that personal, memorable touch!

______________________________________
Workout:
6mi in the am, hopefully 6 more this evening
Walk to work
No stairs (which is probably a large part of the reason I feel so antsy right now)