Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thankful Wednesday

Unlike many people, I thought both the candidates running for president would be a good choice, so I went to bed early last night knowing that I'd wake up happy with the result. President Obama it will be.

While I was walking home after a busy and productive day at work, I was thinking about all the things I'm thankful for. Here's a list of 5 big ones and 5 small ones.

Big Stuff:
1. My wonderful husband. He's always there for me through the good times and the tough times. He knows not to take me too seriously or let me take myself too seriously. And he can always make me laugh.
2. My family. Not only my parents, brother and extended family but my-inlaws as well. I'm so lucky to have people who care about me and support me unconditionally.
3. My job. Evidently a lot of people applied for this position, and somehow they chose me. Any time I think I don't want to go to work on a Monday I remember how sad and useless I felt during the long periods I wasn't working.
4. Our home. We have a warm, clean, safe place to live. Our community is really pretty isolated from the rest of the city so the only people who come here belong here. It gives a sense of safety that I doubt I'd get anyplace else in the city. No worries about leaving my clothes in the laundry room or running out for a minute without locking the door.
5. My health. Sometimes I feel down about not having a "perfect" body, but mine is healthy and strong and allows me to do things (like run 2 marathons) that many people with "better bodies" couldn't dream of doing.

Little Stuff:
1. Beautiful 70-degree weather in Wisconsin in November.
2. Being able to walk to and from work.
3. Being serenaded by the marching band each afternoon.
4. Cooking and baking, especially when something I make turns out unexpectedly good.
5. Going to bed early and reading. I love that I can do that.

___________________________
Workout:
60 min spinning
2 sets of stairs
walk home from work
pushups