Friday, October 29, 2010

Wooooooooo! Happy Pre-Halloween

First off, I'm happy that the wind has finally died down around here!  I didn't get blown into Lake Mendota (for the record - see right for my only experience in/on Lake Mendota [yes, in Madison]).

I got in easy runs Tuesday - Thursday mornings and hit the gym today.  It's finally started to turn cold; this was the first morning I had to deal with ice on the car so I could drive 

Going to the gym ended up being a great decision (I almost went yesterday afternoon and ran this morning) because the ROTC was there playing basketball dressed in costume.  If only they'd been there on Monday... my treadmill run would have been a lot more interesting if I'd been able to watch The Burger King dunk on Captain Jack Sparrow and the ketchup bottle get subbed out by a female Aaron Rodgers after he fouled the cowboy.

Way creepy.  Is is beard shiny or is he drooling?


On another sanguine topic, I gave blood on Wednesday for the first time in awhile.  I've been hesitant to do it because I was afraid it would interfere with my ability to train, but actually I had no problems.  I know a lot of people can't donate for various reasons, but since I don't have more than a healthy fear of being stabbed with a needle or bleeding out, I think it's good for me to give blood regularly.  In fact, the worst part of the whole process for me is getting my finger pricked to do the iron test (which was 14.8- Woohoo! go leafy greens!).  

I laughed when the blood donation lady told me my blood pressure and pulse (102/68 and 60, respectively) because they were so high compared to normal- all because I was anticipating a little finger prick that didn't even hurt.

However, the most exciting thing that happened today is that I wore my Halloween costume to work.  So far it's been a hit.  I took a couple of pictures, but I'm not giving it away until after we go to our Halloween costume party on Saturday night.  Plus Daniel's costume goes along with mine, and I think it will be better to have the full on Chelsea and Daniel Halloween Costume Experience all at once.

Anything fun planned for your Halloween?  Woooooooooo!