Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's fall again


Actually we are at the part of fall where there are more leaves on the ground than on the trees, but this picture is pretty and it gives you the general idea.  It's a beautiful day here-sunny and cool- but the trees know what's coming.

I haven't been super motivated to blog recently.  Partly that's because life has felt kind of boring- I guess I'm in that post marathon slump everyone talks about- and part is because I've been trying to stay off the computer.  I sit in front of a computer all.day.long at work, and my weekend/early morning/evening feels more like work and less like relaxing if I spend a bunch of time in front of a computer screen.  I can actually get to work about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes earlier (and leave earlier, woot!) if I stay away from the computer.  I can check e-mail and blogs and stuff at lunch so I honestly haven't missed the time at all.

I am trying to beat the unfocused fitness blahs by starting to return to my normal workout schedule this week.  I did my first long run (12 miles) since the race, and even though my legs felt really crunchy (yoga is the next thing on my list after finishing this blog post), I kept a good overall pace (9:15 average I think, which included the 9:40ish last mile going up the giant hill into our apartment complex).  I started strength training last week, which left me almost as sore than the marathon did.


This guy fits in with the topic above in a sort of creepy, early-Halloween-type way.  I just want to tell him to blink.  Please blink!

Anyway, I've also decided to sign up for a couple more races for the fall.  The first will be next Sunday- the appropriately named Fall 15k.  I've ever run a 15k before so automatic PR there.  I'm also going to sign up to run the Girls on the Run 5k a couple weeks later.  My 5k PR from an actual 5k race is pretty old, and I'm guessing I can beat it easily.  It would be pretty cool to go under or get close to 23 minutes, too.

And that's about it.  I'm going to go stretch out before I get tense again watching the Gators play Mississippi State.