Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 1:One accomplishment down, one to go

Although it wasn't really a surprise, I have to give a public shout out to Daniel who got the official word yesterday that he passed his qualifying exam.  We're planning to go out for sushi Sunday night to celebrate our accomplishments.  Even if the wheels come off during the race tomorrow, I've had a great training cycle and feel like I'm in the best shape of my life, and that's definitely something to celebrate (with food... don't tell Jillian).

I don't have much else to say except I'm super excited about the race.  The laundry is done, the groceries are bought, the apartment is mostly clean (gotta give the kitchen a once over and take the trash out), the directions are printed, we have a dinner restaurant recommendation by the hotel.  It's pretty chilly out this morning so I'm going to do my run in shorts to try to make the final skirt vs capris decision.  I'm doing a short run this morning to shake out my legs and packing my stuff, and we're headed over to Milwaukee after lunch.

Oh yeah-Daniel tried the dried cuttlefish yesterday.  It looked like gauze


 And took a very long time to chew (Daniel- this is by far the more flattering picture of the two I took)
  
Daniel said the cuttlefish itself was really nasty (worse than the dried squid our neighbors gave us) but that the hot sauce that came with it wasn't too bad.