Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Come Back, Sun

It seems like it's gotten so much darker in the morning over the last week!  I miss those summer days when the sun was already rising at 5am.  For the most part, my path is pretty well lit and there are always a lot of people out exercising and commuting to work, but there is one little spot that gets dark.  I have to wear my headlamp to see the ground, and I feel like I'm one of the cast of the Blair Witch Project.


 Creepy.



So anyway, yesterday morning I was running along, trying not to trip on anything in the dark spot, and all of a sudden I hear, "Hey! Watch out!".  I looked up and jumped to the side, almost getting into a head-on collision with a guy riding his bike on the wrong side of the bike path with NO LIGHT!
It was partly my fault because I wasn't really looking ahead, but at least I was on the right side of the path and was wearing my headlamp.

While I'm at it, I'd like to send a message to the people of Earth:
Walk and bike on the RIGHT SIDE of the bike path.  Pass on the left.  It's just like cars driving on the road.  I know the rules are different when you are running on an actual road with actual cars, but when you are on the bike path, keep RIGHT.

Anything exciting happen to you while running recently?