Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Carnival of Real Simple Meals

I get a lot of recipes and meal ideas from Cooking Light and Real Simple.  Sometimes I'll get an issue I'm crazy about and sometimes not so much.  Well, after a week of eating an apple at every meal because it was the only type of produce available to me (Mississippi Trip), I was excited to return home to a new Real Simple with tons of delicious, healthy meal ideas to try.  Here are the highlights from last week:

Dijon salmon cakes
 Okay, so mine didn't stay very cake-ey, but it was tasty nonetheless.  Next time I'd use more Dijon mustard and breadcrumbs to keep everything together.

Havarti-stuffed chicken
 We actually used a seasoned cheddar instead, and I topped each piece with a little extra cheese because I never feel like I can get very much stuffing inside a chicken breast.

Sweet and spicy beef stir fry


This one was actually from last month's edition, but I was still keen to make it because the sauce is just a jar of red pepper jelly.  So easy!

And the ultimate, no recipe-needed-simple-Saturday-post-long-run dinner: taco salad with celebratory beer.


I could probably eat this for dinner every night for a month and not get tired of it.