Tuesday, July 6, 2010

New Years' Resolutions- 6 Month's Later

We're at half way mark of 2010 (well, a little past, but not procrastinating was not one of my new years' resolutions), and it's time to review and see how things have been going.  There are some resolutions I've thought about a lot, but in all honesty, I couldn't name all 10 of them off the top of my head right now.  (Click here for the original post.)

1. Put things away- YES!  Sometimes the clothes get piled up but for the most part I've kept on top of the clutter.  I used to say I'm clean but not neat, but I think I'm getting neater.  YAY!

2. Focus at work - This has been pretty good.  It's better when I have a pressing task or something that really
interests me and less when I'm doing something dull that takes a long time to run (QC- blech).  One thing that has helped is listening to music.

3. Push myself beyond my comfort zone- I think this has been going well, too.  I've been happy with the progress I've made making hard workouts truly hard and easy workouts easy.  I never thought I'd be at a point where I only did cardio 5 days a week, but I think it works really well for me.  And diet wise, I've recently kicked my mid-day caffeine habit (and have been more or less off diet soda), which if you know me you know is a big deal.

4. Be more social- I'm an introvert, so I think I'm about as social is I'd ever want to be right now.  I would like to have people over more, but during the summer it's hard with travel schedules, etc.

5. Take more pictures- Eh, kinda sorta.  Daniel says he thinks I take a lot of pictures, but I feel like I don't compared to many of the blogs that I read.

6. Stay in touch- Not so great.  No gold star for this one.

7. Music- Yes.  I'm still taking piano lessons and really like my teacher.  I hope to be annoying everyone with
wrong notes in Christmas songs this year.

8. Waste less time- Um, we still have the internet so this is not perfect, but not having TV (and I was never a big TV watcher) definitely keeps me busier.

9. Read real books- This was such a stupid resolution.  Give me murder mysteries.  I want murder mysteries!

10. Do a better job on the blog.  I think so.  I post most every day.  I'm better with the pictures.  I like my layout and color scheme more.  Good stuff.

Not perfect, but pretty good all things considered.  Hopefully the rest of the year be more of the same.