Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday in the Park.

I think it was the 3rd of July.  It was actually the 4th of July last year so I'm 99% confident that I used this lame post starter last year, too.

I don't have much to say, but I wanted to try to get back in the swing of posting every day (for the next week at least until I leave for MS) so I'm going to blather for a few minutes while I drink the rest of my coffee and let my Camelbak bladder thaw*.

I got to spend more than 10 minutes with Daniel yesterday evening, which was nice.  He's teaching at a HS academic summer camp right now so from Sunday evening - Friday afternoon we get to see each other for about 5 min in the morning and 5 in the evening.  We went down to State St. for sushi and walked around a bit.  For all the complaining I do about the winter, the summer makes up for it.  High's in the low 80s?  All summer?  I'll take it!

Today is about running and getting various chores done.  I have 17 miles on tap, which is probably the farthest I will have run in more than two years.  My 16 on Monday went really well (no side stitches, yay) so I'm hoping for more of the same today.  I just have to take it slow and easy and try to enjoy the weather and my music.  Then there's piano, yoga, garden, a Target trip, etc. etc. and hopefully a little time for vegging with my new Runners World that came in the mail yesterday.

Hope you all have a good Saturday!    

* I keep it in the freezer between uses so nothing starts growing in there.