Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday on film


Today has been all about movies, not so much about housework, which is what I should have been doing. Anyway, I saw two good ones this afternoon.

The first was Lars and the Real Girl. It was about a lonely man who falls in love with a life-sized doll. Hilarity ensures. The second was Sita Sings the Blues. You can learn more about this one and view it on the internet by clicking here.

In other news, I got out and ran this morning. 7 miles in a light drizzle. It felt wonderful to run outside. I'll try again tomorrow, but we snow again today so it will depend on what the roads look like. I still have no voice, and my lungs are kind of congested so I'm not running fast, but at least I'm running.

Challenge-related, I'm happy to report 3 servings of vegetables: stir fry vegetables at lunch at Noodles and Co. and then carrots dipped in hummus and salad with dinner. No sweets today, but I just plowed through some raisins that probably aren't doing me any favors Le sigh. Actually, I had planned to make cranberry orange bread this weekend, but I decided that wasn't in line with my goals so I refrained. Hopefully I ate fewer calories in raisins just now that I would have in cranberry orange bread.

Well, this daylight savings thing is weirding me out. It was bizarre to eat dinner while it was still light out. And I'm getting sleepy even though it's only 8pm, which was only 7pm yesterday.

Tomorrow will be my big challenge with the no sweets thing because it's life group meeting night, and the host always makes something tasty. But I'll have a good dinner and keep in mind that I'm there for reasons that have nothing to do with food.

All right, I'm checking out. Have a lovely Sunday evening, everyone.