Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A beautiful day in the neighborhood

According to CNN.com, it's "Mostly sunny, 69-degrees"!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! I can't wait to leave work in an hour and walk home. This morning was my first pre-work outdoor run this year. I can't even describe how wonderful it is to step outside without freezing my behind off.

I've been sticking to eating healthy the last few days with the exception of a SMALL death by chocolate sundae from Michael's Frozen Custard while having lunch with coworkers. I totally could have done a medium, but the small was just as satisfying, and it didn't take me an hour to eat it.

Exercise-wise, yesterday I walked to and from work and lifted weights. Today I ran 6.3 mi in a little less than 59 min- kind of slow- I guess I'm still recovering from the race on Sunday. I plan to run tomorrow morning before we leave for St. Louis but not while we are gone. This is vacation, and running on a hotel treadmill isn't vacation for me.

Normally I don't get into the blog giveaways BUT Eating Bender is giving away the cutest cup here. That "I'm confused- Oh wait, maybe I'm not" mug is perfect for me for the days it takes me 5 tries to get out the door to go to work.

I'm not planning to post while we're traveling, but I hope to have plenty of good pictures to share when we return. Hope everyone is having a lovely, warm Tuesday.