Friday, August 12, 2011

Oh yeah, that thing

So like a bazillion years ago slightly more than 101 days ago I was feeling overwhelmed by the crush of getting ready for vacation and a big conference, and I wrote a list of 11 things I wanted to accomplish in the next hundred and one days.  Remember that?  Me either.  I made that list the day of the Boston Marathon.   It was still snowing!  It seems like just yesterday and forever ago.  I was supposed to check in on July 28, so I'm a little late, but whatever.

Without further ado:

1. Finish my poster, analyses for a co-worker's poster, and analyses for my boss's talk, fly to Ft. Lauderdale for a week and participate in a conference.  Yes!  That feels like forever, ago, too.

2. Attempt a 120lb (bodyweight) bench press.  Not quite there yet.  Right before I left for FL I attempted 115lbs and almost got it.  I just started a new training cycle on Tuesday, and will try for 115lbs again in about 2 months.  I think 120lbs by the end of the year is totally do-able.

3. Go on vacation and visit family and friends in TN and NC.  Yes!.  And it was a wonderful trip.

4. Celebrate my 5th wedding anniversary.  Yep.  Love things that require me to do nothing more than keep breathing.

5. Finish analyses for two papers.  Yes!  Both have been submitted.  Now we just wait and hope.

6. Do a 150lb deadlift.  Yep.  I actually nailed 165lbs at the end of my last training cycle.  I'd love to hit maybe 180lbs at the end of the year???  I think 1.5times body weight is supposed to be a good goal for the deadlift.    


7. Do a tripod headstand.  Yeah.  Don't ask me to do one now, though.


8. Finish reading the Bible and create a guide to the Old Testament for my church small group.  Half and half.  I finished reading the Bible, and I have worked somewhat on the presentation, but it ended up being much more ambitious (duh) than I'd thought.  I'm keeping what I have on the back burner and I might revisit it sometime in the winter. 

9. Invite at least one of two couples who live in our apartment complex to have dinner.  Yes!  And it was fun.


10. Attempt a 30-day blogging challenge.  No, but I do want to blog more.  I enjoy it, and I enjoy having the ability to look back on things- like this last 101 days- to see what I was up to.  It's been a bit of a challenge to find a good dedicated blogging time, but I think I'm getting there.

11. Learn to play a pop song on the piano.  Um... I can play about 2/3 of I Heard it Through the Grapevine (poorly).  It was actually kind of hard, and I think I'm going to put that on the back burner, too, until I'm a little better.

All things considered, this has been a pretty busy 101 (+some) days.  We are having beautiful weather here in WI, and I've enjoyed it with a run Monday, a bike ride and non Bikram-style weight session Tuesday, a run and ice cream at the Terrace yesterday, and a not horribly sweaty living room yoga session this morning.  It's totally going to stay 75 degrees forever, right???