Easy tomato pie-
- One refrigerated pie crust (I used Pillsbury from Target)
- Tomatoes- any kind you want- sliced so they'll lay relatively flat on the crust (I used the lovely orange ones shown above)
- Cheese- something melty (I used Gorgonzola because we had quite a bit left over from a previous dinner)
- Seasoning- Whatever you think would taste good (I didn't use any because Gorgonzola has a lot of flavor on its own)
- Preheat oven to 400ish.
- Place pie crust in a pie pan or a round cake pan. Bake for about 10 minutes while you cut up the tomatoes. The ingredients cook way faster than the crust, so it's good to give it a head start.
- Remove pie from oven and layer in cheese and tomatoes.
- Put the pie back into the oven and bake until the crust is brown and the cheese is melty.
- Devour or allow to cool and slice into lunch-sized pieces and store in Tupperware for later
I had a slice for lunch yesterday and thought it was really tasty for the tiny amount of work involved. Can't say I'll be sad to eat this 3 more times.
What's your favorite quick and easy thing to throw together for lunch?
And with that, it's time to fly. 115lb bench press- you are mine!