Wednesday, April 20, 2011

When setting goals

It's best to set at least a few that you area already 99.5% sure you can accomplish.

I give you... tripod headstand:


Even though my form is crummy- I'm basically using the weight of my butt to counterbalance the weight of the rest of my legs- I was able to balance long enough for Daniel to, "Get some pictures- and make sure one is from the side so everyone knows my feet aren't touching the wall."

Yep... this is what people do when it's too miserable to go outside.  Yesterday and today are what I *hope* are winter's last kick in the teeth.  The walk to and from the bus ride to my piano lesson involved no less than snow, rain, slushy (Does anyone know what the real name for this is?  Is it just "wintry mix"?  Some of you must know what I'm talking about.  It's where it looks like there's big chunky snowcone ice all over the ground.), hail and thunder snow.  While I was waiting for the bus, there was a particularly loud rumble of thunder, and I overheard this exchange:

Undergrad1: That doesn't normally happen.. does it?
Undergrad2: Nah, bro.

Even though it's not so bad right now, I'm glad to be going to the gym.  Where's my spring????  Bring back my spring!!!!