Thursday, April 28, 2011

T-minus 2 days

Until I'll be on one of these


flying here


for this


with this


in tow, and I can officially check this

1. Finish my poster, analyses for a co-worker's poster, and analyses for my boss's talk, fly to Ft. Lauderdale for a week and participate in a conference


off of this.


Whew.  


It's hard to believe that other than little things like... packing... or building my itinerary so I have some idea where I have to be and when during the conference I'm ready to go.  Even though our days are full and I do have to hope someone I don't already know comes to talk to me about my present my poster, my role once I get to the conference is pretty passive.  It's fun to be all professional and "travel for work for a conference" especially to a place where one might procure a fruity drink and sip it on the beach.  The high in Madison today is 47 with snow and rain forecast in the afternoon, and I'm ready for some warm weather and sunshine!