Saturday, January 17, 2009

How I learned to stop worrying and love the treadmill



Sadly, my Google Image search for "Dr. Strangelove and treadmill" didn't get any hits so I had to settle for a picture of one or the other. Since I just had a treadmill picture on a recent post, I decided to go with the good doctor.

I actually had a very nice workout on the treadmill today. Mostly because I decided to embrace my slowness and run at an an actual nice, easy pace, not what I think my nice easy pace should be. There were some Scrubs re-runs on, which made the time go by pretty quickly. Anyway, it was definitely a confidence boost to see that I could make it through an entire 8 miles on the treadmill. Next week I'd like to do one speed workout and one 8-miler. And perhaps the weather will be nice enough for me to check out the Fleet Feet Saturday morning long run. We shall see...

So I'm going to pull the trigger and send an e-mail to alert (alert?) some of my extended family about the existence of this blog. If you are a new reader, welcome. Please leave comments! You shouldn't have to register for anything to leave a comment. If you don't know how to leave a comment, pay a 13-year-old $1 to show you how.

Two more quick things: 1. The website where you can find the breakup cartoon is www.toothpastefordinner.com. 2. In anticipation of new people coming around, I'm going to have an extra special post tomorrow that has nothing to do with working out. Check back tomorrow if you are curious to see if I can do any other tricks besides run and navel gaze!