Friday, January 9, 2009

About Me

Welcome!

Thanks for taking a moment to read my blog. Hopefully you will be so captivated by the minutiae of my life that you'll keep coming back for more.

And now for an interview I have conducted with myself:

Why is your blog called Early Runner?
Because I like to run and my favorite time to run is in the morning. I'm usually out the door by 6am at the latest.

You complain a lot about the winter, where do you live?
In Madison, WI, which actually has a fairly mild winter compared to Michigan or the Northwest, but I grew up in Florida (Go Gators!) so it has been a big adjustment.

Did you move to Madison for school?
Nope. I graduated from The University of Florida (Go Gators!) back in 2006. We moved here so my husband could start a PhD program.

So then what do you do in Madison?
I'm a statistician at the university for a group that does research on eye disease related to aging. It's pretty cool.

You work, you run, what else?
I do a lot of volunteer work with my church. I'm the leader of my Bible study small group, a high school youth group small group leader, and I lead a group of international students and visiting scholars who are trying to improve their spoken English. I also enjoy reading, college football (Go Gators), gardening, and baking.

Is there anything you don't do?
I'm horrible at all team sports, and I can't play golf, throw a frisbee, or speak a language other than English. I refuse to eat olives, ginger, and breakfast meat. I'm not any good at yoga and can't play the piano, but I would like to be able to do both of those things.

Anything else you feel compelled to share?
I'm married to a wonderful husband I refer to as D on the blog, my Myers-Briggs personality type is ISFJ, and I'm working on a list of 101 things I want to accomplish in the next 1001 days. My favorite TV shows (why don't they ask this on the profile page?) are What Not to Wear, The Office, and 30 Rock.