Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Day

First off, I want to wish a Happy Birthday to two of my favorite people in the world: my husband, D, and my dad. I hope you both have a wonderful day.

D started off his morning with some serious sugar.



I got up early and went to the donut shop to get a special surprise birthday breakfast for us. I bought two sprinkle donuts, a cherry one and a blueberry one. In typical Midwestern style, the woman working threw in an extra one with sprinkles "just because". We'd heard this place was great, and it certainly lived up to its reputation. Mmmmmm donuts.

I got in a recovery 4 miles before I went to the store. I'm pretty tired so I think I'm going to take an easy evening tonight rather than making up for my missed upper body workout yesterday. It's just so hot in the gym with no AC. Tomorrow is a no run day, and I think I'm just going to go to the gym and lift in the morning rather than do elliptical in the morning and weights in the afternoon.