Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lazy Sunday




Morning!

No working out today so I'm going to talk about food! Glorious food!

We did get our heart-shaped pizza last night, but I took the picture with my phone, and I have no idea how to get a picture on my phone onto the computer. *Sigh*

So I am not very good at cooking. D is definitely the "chef" at our house. I tend to under-cook and under-season everything I try to make. Yuck. But this week I'm going to try a bunch of recipes from the blog Crockpot 365. I got turned on to this website by a coworker who found a recipe on there for making yogurt. We've made the yogurt several times with good results (well, except one time when I let it cook way too long) so I'm going to try to make a few other things this week.

Autumn Sausage Caserole
Pasta Fagioli
Crockpot Salsa Chicken
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Smoky Refried Bean Soup

I chose most of these because they would use up things we already had on hand and because they seemed, well, pretty much fool proof as long as I dump in about 3 times more spice than I think I should. We're doing yogurt tonight so the crock pot will not be available for dinner, but I'm going to prep something for tomorrow because we go to our church small group meeting on Mondays, and we need something fast for dinner.

Last thing- Here's my question for everyone: How can I find a running partner who is about my speed and will do a run on Saturday? It seems like every group here does runs on Sunday, and Saturday fits my schedule much better. Also, it seems like everyone I know is either a lot slower or a lot faster than me. And I'm wary of putting a classified ad on something like Craig's List because I'm afraid that will attract some creepy person. There was a local running group that met on Saturdays, but I don't think they're doing that anymore... Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm afraid that to get a running partner I'm going to have to cave in and do my long runs on Sundays (which kind of messes up the rest of my schedule) or be stuck doing them alone (which is okay, I've done that before), but I really would like to try running with a partner.