Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Workouts

Friday I did my first tempo run of the training cycle. I was supposed to do one last week, but it got skipped due to being out of town for Rockygrass. I did 4.09 in 35:37- an average of 8:42min/mile. I know I started out a bit fast and slowed down after the first could miles, but I the pace never felt too hard.

Today was my first long run- 12mi. Again I started out around 9-9:30 pace, but slowed down quite a bit by the end. I'm hoping that it's partially the heat, but I know part of it is being out of long run shape. It's kind of daunting to think about running at my tempo pace for 13 miles, but I have 6 more weeks of tempo and long running to work on it.

Tomorrow will be a rest day. I'm going to help at the finishing area of the La Luz run. It's a pretty tough race, and they have a lot of great athletes show up for it, so it's a fun thing to be part of.