Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back again

Last weekend was our last "weekend away" trip up to Colorado for the Rockygrass music festival. I was suprised and pleased that I got in runs both Friday and Saturday mornings.

Monday was another speed workout. It was the same workout as last Monday but at the track this time.

I did a total of 7 miles in 1:03. Here's the breakdown on the intervals:

.75mi at 8:36 pace (this one was supposed to be at goal 1/2 marathon race pace)
2x .5mi at 8:13 and 8:01 pace (these were at 10k pace)
4x .15mi at 7:41, 7:58, 7:25 and 7:24 pace (these were supposed to be about 5k pace but I definitely ran them faster because the interval was so short- I have to say, I like 200m repeats)

Otherwise, I'm up to 12 pushups and doing downward dog for 1 minute every day after my run. I'm trying to up my pushups by 1 each Sunday and Wednesday to get up to 25. I'm sure I'll hit a sticking point somewhere in there, though.

Also, I really need to do more long runs in preparation for the 1/2 marathon in Sept. That's my biggest weak point right now, I think.

I did have one sign on Monday that I'm making progress, though. On one of my recovery laps in between intervals I slowed down as much as I could, and I realized that I basically cannot run as slow as a 10 min mile (on flat ground) anymore. That used to be my regular pace. That's very exciting.

Thursday will be 2x2mi at goal pace. I hope I find it easy to "get in the groove" at the right pace, and it feels easy enough that I think I can hold it for 13 miles!