Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tempo Thursday

Did 6mi with 4mi tempo today. I like having a fairly flat path to do tempo runs rather than having to use the treadmill or a track. I ran at an average pace of 8:17/mi which I would call "comfortably hard" although it is faster than my 1/2 marathon goal pace. At the end I felt like I could have kept going but was very happy I didn't have to.

I really need to get back in the gym. I planned to go this afternoon but I was so tired I took a nap instead. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. I have been doing fairly well with my push-up routine. I'm flirting with the idea of doing the strength class rather than lifting on my own. I know I'm more likely to go to a class than to work out on my own, but I also know that the classes don't make you stronger like focusing on a few good lifts will. It'll probably depend a lot on how difficult it is for me to get to the classes after work, but I'll at least try it out when they start in a few weeks.