Sunday, August 3, 2008

July in review, August prospective

I relized this afternoon that August had snuck up on me.

YTD mileage= 1096.7- Slightly more than 35 miles per week on average.

So July in summary:

The good-
  • 143.8 miles. Averages out to about 29mpw. I'm putting this with good and needs improvement. It's good because we traveled so much, and I was able to keep up with running on both trips. It needs improvement because I dropped long runs basically all month, and I really need to get my milage up if I want to hit 2008 miles this year.
  • Kept up with speed training. I'm not feeling intimidated by it anymore, and I actually kind of look forward to the workouts to see what I can do.
  • Kept up strength training (for the most part) despite being busy with the move and traveling.

The not so good-

  • 143.8 miles. I said it all above.
  • I need to get back into long run shape. Lots of 12-14 milers between now and the 1/2 marathon- maybe a 16 in there too just for good measure.
  • I skipped a 5k I'd been training for. Granted I had an ache and I really enjoyed seeing friends that evening instead, but I am a little dissappointed I didn't do that race.

Ahead for August:

Goals are-

  • Keep up the speed and tempo workouts.
  • Keep up with strength training.
  • Keep running while we travel.
  • Keep up with stretching.
  • Run a 10k (or maybe a 5k) at the end of the month.