YTD mileage= 1096.7- Slightly more than 35 miles per week on average.
So July in summary:
- 143.8 miles. Averages out to about 29mpw. I'm putting this with good and needs improvement. It's good because we traveled so much, and I was able to keep up with running on both trips. It needs improvement because I dropped long runs basically all month, and I really need to get my milage up if I want to hit 2008 miles this year.
- Kept up with speed training. I'm not feeling intimidated by it anymore, and I actually kind of look forward to the workouts to see what I can do.
- Kept up strength training (for the most part) despite being busy with the move and traveling.
The not so good-
- 143.8 miles. I said it all above.
- I need to get back into long run shape. Lots of 12-14 milers between now and the 1/2 marathon- maybe a 16 in there too just for good measure.
- I skipped a 5k I'd been training for. Granted I had an ache and I really enjoyed seeing friends that evening instead, but I am a little dissappointed I didn't do that race.
Ahead for August:
- Keep up the speed and tempo workouts.
- Keep up with strength training.
- Keep running while we travel.
- Keep up with stretching.
- Run a 10k (or maybe a 5k) at the end of the month.