Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Easily Amazed and Amused

Hi all,

I'm not very good at keeping this thing updated, am I? It's hard because work has been busy, and I really don't like using the computer after work because I'm on it all day. So I'm thinking I might make it a goal to post on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I still want to use the blog because it's kind of fun, but realistically I just can't/won't post as much as many of you do.

So what's been going on...

Fitness
Wow, my leg and hip have been feeling really good. I've had zero pain and tightness for the last few runs. Zero. I read an interesting article in my latest Runner's World that discussed the connection between physical and mental pain. Yeah, it's a little bit weird, but after I read it, I was thinking that sometimes my pain level can go hand in hand with my anxiety level at work. Last week was not a good week and I had some stiffness in my IT band. This week things have been good (or no worse than usual) and I have no problems. I'm not absolutely connecting the two- there could be so many other things involved- but I'm not totally discounting the idea either.

Food

New from the garden, we have broccoli!



This is how it grows on the plant. I had no idea up until a few weeks ago. I thought it grew under the ground, haha.



The other thing I didn't realize is that those bumpy things turn into flowers.



Crazy, right?!?

Fun
D and I took Monday off as a mental health day and went to The House on the Rock. I did not take pictures, and, honestly, words cannot describe it. Okay- there is one word- bizarre. Mostly I just enjoyed spending time with D because he'd been so busy for the past 3 weeks.

That's it. Stay tuned for some Lazy Gourmet in a few minutes unless I end up doing a work thing.