Friday, July 10, 2009

Stress- meh.

Hi all,

I've been meaning to update this thing for a few days, but work has been very busy. Ever have one of those "Murphy's Law" weeks where anything that can go wrong will? Well, it was like that for me. But it's Friday afternoon, I have an hour to go, and I was able to knock out 2 projects I've been struggling with this week, so I feel like I'm in a good place to spend some blog time.

Fitness
I've been having good runs and good lifting sessions lately. I've been a bit tired because I've had a hard time sleeping lately, mostly because I've been staying up too late or letting myself get too keyed up before bedtime, but it doesn't seem to be affecting my workouts.

It was thundering out this morning so I had my first treadmill run in awhile. After about 2.5 months of running on the treadmill exclusively, not much will deter me from going outside, but big crashes of thunder will. It was a big investment for us, and it takes up 1/2 our living room, but when I want it, I'm always grateful it's there.

Food
I hesitate to mention this because I don't want to talk about weight loss stuff on here, but I guess I'll share a bit about that because I feel like I've had a success this week.

I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I'm participating in an online lean eating program. There are a few components to it but as far as eating goes, every two weeks you get a new "habit" to follow. The habit two weeks ago was "startchy carbs only after a workout".

The first week I got through it with a bunch of slip ups. The second week I kind of rebelled against the whole thing. This week, I think I've got it together. The first few days were really really hard. Dinner without rice or pasta just wasn't the same. But either yesterday or today, something clicked and I feel satisfied without that stuff. So that's my success story I wanted to share.

Lest anyone get worried that I'm going to die without brown rice every night, I'm 1.Able to eat grains after my workouts, 2.Able to eat unlimited fruit, vegetables, and beans and 3.Running way way way less than I used to and than most of the people readin this run. So don't get worried.

Fun
Lots of good things coming up this weekend. I get my husband back after he spent 3-weeks working long days teaching a class. We have tickets to Antiques Roadshow on Saturday and will get them to look at an old ink well I have. We're planning to go to the Art Fair on the Square. And last, we're taking Monday off and doing something out of the ordinary just because both of us need a break.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!