Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

Ooooooh noes! It's been a long time since I've posted. Let's see what's been going on...

Fitness

My runs have been good lately. Nothing super exciting, but I'm planning to do a bit more speed stuff. I haven't been doing my planned races because, honestly, I don't feel like I'm prepared to do a good job. I'm to the point where I've run races- I don't need to run a 10k for the heck of it- I'm only interested in doing them if I feel like I could run a good race if not PR.

Food

I actually did some cooking prep yesterday. I don't like cooking all that much, and I really hate cooking meat. But I did it anyway, yesterday, and got an okay-tasting dinner plus two other meals out of it. So... I'm thinking about doing a new feature where I post what I made for dinner the night before. It would give me something slightly more interesting to talk and it might, hopefully, motivate me to put a tiny bit of effort into cooking. If left to my own devices, I'd eat cereal for dinner every single night. But that's just not going to cut it.

Fun
4th of July Fireworks!!!

The view from the hill where we were sitting was really nice. This picture really doesn't do it justice, but you could see pretty far out over Lake Mendota.



And another nice action shot.



Thanks for being a good sport, D, although the look on your face says, "Just another thing I have to do to humor the crazy lady with the camera."

Stay tuned for the first installment of The Lazy Gourmet