Saturday, May 23, 2009

Rainy Saturday Update

Fitness
Got in a nice, easy 4 miles this morning in some light rain to get my legs loosened up. Tomorrow is the 1/4 marathon. Not sure how that will go at all considering I haven't run 6.5 miles at once in quite a while, but I'm just glad to go and be part of the festivities. I don't know a lot of people who are running in any of the races, but I hopefully will get to watch one friend finish the 1/2 marathon.

I also had a good leg workout yesterday. One of my major goals is to develop my leg strength and flexibility by working on getting into a full squat. I'm not there yet, but yesterday I think I was getting to parallel or maybe even a little below. I still have a hard time keeping my upper body upright, but I think I'm figuring out the movement. I'm going to try to get with DH one day so he can watch my technique and give me a few pointers.

Food
We had a great dinner at this place last night



Note, I did not actually take that picture, but that's what the sign looks like. The restaurant looks like a bar from the outside- and it pretty much is one- but they had wonderful food. I haven't had a steak in a very long time, so it was a nice way to celebrate our anniversary.

Also, I think I'm going crazy because it smells like someone is making apple cinnamon muffins right now. My neighbors- all of them- are nice people, but their tastes run more toward curry and garlic than apple cinnamon. Maybe someone taught the turkeys how to bake.

Fun
After dinner we walked down State St.- the main drag near UW Madison- up to the capital building.



That one I did take, which I guess is why it's blurry. Awesome. I also took some pictures of a duck swimming in a fountain, but they didn't turn out. And a picture of a duck swimming in a fountain sounds kind of lame right now, anyway.

Well, I need to get it together and get to the grocery store. We're also going to the race expo, Brat Fest, and shopping for a dress for my brother-in-law's wedding. I think this is going to be a fun, busy weekend!