Friday, May 22, 2009

Mega Post

I was going to post yesterday, but I finally got all my camera stuff together, so I thought I'd hold off until today to bring you... pictures! Pictures of things in my real life! Not one's I've downloaded because I'm terrible at remembering the camera and all it's necessary parts!

Let's see what's been going on in...

Fitness

Upper body weights Wednesday, tempo run Thursday, lower body weights today. I've been pleased with all my workouts lately. I think I'm going to try to up the weights on a few of my lifts next week. I've been able to it 4x8 on some of my work sets pretty consistently for the last few weeks so I'm going to add on 5lbs to those (knowing I won't be able to do as many reps) and try to get back to 4x8. My 2 mile tempo was right about 8min/mile pace.

I'll probably hold back a bit on squats today because I don't want to be too sore for my race on Sunday. It's not a huge race for me so I'm not really changing my schedule around for it. However, I don't want to feel like I'm running through mud the entire time.

Food

I finally tried my first Green Monster!



It's actually a Red Monster because it has berries it it that mask the color of the spinach. I think it not actually being green helped me get the first one down. But it really didn't taste like spinach. I used the tip from the anonymous poster and used some juice for sweetener.

Tonight we are going to Smokey's- a fancy pants steakhouse- for our anniversary dinner (our actual anniversary was Wednesday). I'm planning to get a steak because I can't even think of the last time I've had one. Normally I go for seafood for fancy dinners, but I think I should take advantage of this being a steak place.

Fun

How about some cute baby animals!?!


That's actually kind of hard to see. Geese don't really like it when you try to get all up on their babies to take pictures.



Hmm... these pictures are kind of disappointing. I'll have to try again this afternoon.

We have so many cute baby geese around these days. Too bad the adults are mean and poop everywhere. And they aren't afraid of anything. I had a whole family of geese cut me off when I was riding my bike home from work yesterday. The nerve!

I also had a nice time eating lunch with a friend yesterday. She's a triathlete and has a huge year ahead of her- a 1/2 marathon Sunday, a 100 mile hilly bike ride coming up, and an Ironman Tri at the end of the summer for a cherry on top. I really admire her dedication to training and also her healthy attitude about rest and balancing her school work.

Taking some time off has made me realize that I do want to get back into distance running and maybe triathlons sometime in the future, and it's sort of a carrot out there for me to focus on having a healthy diet and getting my leg back to normal and having a healthy attitude toward working out so I can truly balance my hard workouts with rest and recovery.

I'm excited for this weekend because there's lots of fun things in store! And more pictures!