Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Whole Truth

You know it's winter when you walk out of work and it's 15 degrees and you think there's a heat wave going on.  We are supposed to get up to 25!!!! today, and there's a 30% chance of snow, which I'm hoping will mean the plows and de-icer will come back out and we can get some of this residual gunk off the street.  We have some cold overnight temps predicted into the weekend, but I'm crossing my fingers for an outdoor run Friday or Saturday (or both!).  The gyms are closed all weekend for graduation, so that may be the little extra kick I need to get outdoors.

I'm joining in on The Whole Truth fun started on Lacey's blog that she picked up from Mark Bittman.

If I could say something to my self 20 years ago:  Computers will be able to do more than play Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.

My favorite place in the world: A hot shower.

The lesson I keep learning over and over:  Never cook or pee while wearing a scarf.  No, not really.  That only takes you once :).  How about: Always put your keys in the same place when you get home.

The movie I watch when I want to laugh: Zoolander, This is Spinal Tap

The most scared I've ever been: Fortunately I can't think of a time where I've felt in true physical danger.  Once I thought I was going to be abducted by a slow moving car while I was running early in the morning, but it was actually just the paper man.  Probably the few times when a family member has had a health crisis.

No one knows I: Listen to the Ben Greenfield Triathlon podcast at work when I'm doing something boring because he brings on crazy guests.  

Unhealthiest thing I've ever passed off as dinner: Hands down, 100% the Wonderfluffernutter*

Personal Philosophy: Honor God. Enjoy life.  

I unwind by: Doing yoga, reading, playing the piano, watching stupid TV shows.

Proudest moment in my career: This isn't really a career thing, and it happened a long time ago, but I got one of 2 or 3 "superior" ratings from my judge at state solo and ensemble my senior year of high school.  It's kind of a dumb thing to hold on to, but I felt like it reflected the high point of the 10 years I spent playing the oboe.

What keeps me up at night: Not much.  I'm blessed to be a good sleeper.

I define downtime as: Time when I'm not checking my watch.

Coffee or Diet Mt. Dew**: Both!

Guiltiest pleasure: Do I have to feel guilty for it?  It's either food or long hot shower related.

My mom was right about: Loving people even when (and especially if) they don't deserve it.  

My mom was wrong about: Canned vegetables.  Ick!

The last time I lost my temper was: I don't know about actually losing my temper, but I can get very testy when it comes to driving and parking lot behavior.

My favorite moment of the day: Reading before I fall asleep.

I wish I had more time for: Calling old friends to catch up.

I always make time for: Running/working out.

I'm currently reading: The editor of this blog.  Um... a back issue of The Atlantic and 168 Hours: You have More Time Than You Think.

Home means: Laughing and playing cards.  

Feel free to join in!

*A peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich on Wonderbread.
** Actually he said tea.  Mark Bittman would never drink anything as degenerate as a Diet Mt. Dew, but I wanted to be able to say "both" like everyone else.