I blame it on low vitamin D levels, but I haven't been super motivated to run lately. I did a slow, cold 8.5mi yesterday outside, and today is a rest day unless I get a surprise boost of time and energy between now and 2:30 when I have to leave to get D from work to go to our final Madison Christmas event. I'm planning to do a shorter run and weights tomorrow before we head out of town so I'm nice and worn out for the car ride. Hopefully we'll find a place to stop that has a fitness center because I'm still on my quest to hit 1800mi for the year. Right now I'm at 1748.5 so it's just a little more than 25mi/week for the next two weeks. Totally do-able (I keep telling myself).
Now on to the rest of the New Year's Resolutions. This is the C+ group- the ones I either forgot or decided I didn't care that much about.
4. Be more social - I'm pretty much as social now as I think I ever will or want to be. How much more fun can you get than this:
|Ugly sweater party 2020. |
Yes, the hat and gloves have owls on them!!!
Yes, Daniel's beard makes him look like a hearty sturgeon fisherman.
|Yes, this is Madison. Yes, this was taken by a co-worker early last week.|
7. Music - Wait! This one wasn't a fail! Not sure how I missed it last time. While practicing has fallen by the wayside a little bit this last week, I've taken piano lessons all year, and I've really enjoyed having music back in my life. Also, Daniel and I have started going to a shape note singing group every other Sunday, which will *hopefully* help me improve my singing from "horrendous" to "doesn't scare many pets".
8. Waste less time - Ummmmm... here I am on the computer while I should be packing and scrubbing. Again, too vague.
9. Read real books - Nope. Don't care.
10. Do a better job on the blog - This seems to go in phases, but I've been trying to come up with interesting and funny stuff to do. It also largely depends on my exercise schedule, and how much computer downtime I have if I run outside vs go to the gym.
So far I'm still in the brainstorming phase of Resolutions 2011 so that's coming up. I'll probably post once more tomorrow and then I'll be on the computer a lot less because we'll be hanging out with family. Happy Holidays to all!