Saturday, December 4, 2010

Let it snow!

It's here....


I actually went for a run* outside this morning.  The plows are out, but conditions are still not good for driving.  For the most part the sidewalks were covered with about 4 inches of snow.  I stuck to the path around the lake rather than trying to deal with roads.  I almost could have worn my snow shoes except that I did have to cross a few places where the snow had been cleared, and, while grippers don't like concrete, snow shoes really don't like concrete.  Running 6mi in the snow is a silly thing to do, but it was kind of fun since I wasn't worried about time or speed.  Plus it was the warmest run I've done in a long time.

We probably need to go out to the grocery store today, but otherwise we'll be hanging out at home.  Perfect weather for putting on the Christmas music and writing a Christmas letter.  Enjoy your Saturday, warm or cold.  Good luck to everyone racing tomorrow!

*More like off-road winter excursion.