Friday, December 4, 2009

Woohoo!

It's Friday and the BIG PROJECT I've been working on is done, so it's time for a little blog updatification.

As I said yesterday, we had our first snow of the season. It was going pretty good yesterday and has stuck around in the cold weather today. Here's a picture from this morning:



It was time to bust out these babies:



I wore these boots pretty much every day for 6 months last year, and I was a little sad to have to get them back out. Say goodbye to normal shoes until May!

I decided to take today off running as an experiment in making my Saturday am runs feel a little more peppy. (SpecialK- You are so right that I shouldn't make judgments about my running pace like that. The most important thing is that I got out and enjoyed a beautiful cool morning, and I shouldn't forget that). At first I felt a little bad about making this a 2 rest day week, but I've been snooping around and have found at least a few zippy people out there who do more XT-ing and resting. I KNOW I shouldn't compare myself to others, but... what can I say?... It's human nature.

One thing I'm super excited about is my increased levels of flexibility. I've been doing about 20 minutes of yoga a day for the last week or so, and I've noticed so much difference in my hips and hamstrings. I've done yoga before, but not as an every day thing, so I'd never seen it work for me. I only have two yoga DVDs right now, but I've got some on reserve at the library and have asked for a few for Christmas. I think I've finally found my cure for the winter antsy stay inside blues.

Stay tuned for a separate post about our trip I'm planning to write after I grab some lunch!