Thursday, December 10, 2009

Brrrrrrr

Wowee it's cold out today. We're up to a balmy 5 degrees (feels like -10), which is a real improvement compared to -2 (feels like -28) this morning. Today I was very thankful for the treadmill, the bus, and lots of warm clothes. I came into work wearing socks and sheepskin boots, jeans with heavy running pants over them, a tank top, a long sleeved shirt, a heavy sweater, a hooded sweatshirt, my heavy jacket, heavy mittens, the hood of the sweatshirt pulled over my head, and a hat on top of that. And I wish I'd had my scarf!

Tomorrow should be slightly better and then we're back up to the 30s over the weekend. Whew. I've only done 3 treadmill runs this week, and I'm already ready to get back on the roads. I'll do an easy elliptical tomorrow since I missed spinning yesterday (gym was closed) and *hopefully* a run outside on Saturday.

Not much else to say except that I thoroughly enjoyed my snow day yesterday and wished that I'd woken up to another blizzard (if I could guarantee it would be a wussy one like yesterday's).

I'm planning to do some laundry and some yoga when I get home. I think I'm ready to move up to doing one of the more advanced sequences on my yoga DVD. We'll see how that goes. Have a good afternoon, all!