Thursday, May 12, 2011

As seen on my run yesterday

1. My legs, arms, and hands.  May 11 was the first time in 2011 that I ran in Madison in a t-shirt and shorts without mittens.  It wasn't all that long ago I was dressed like this to go out on an easy 6-miler.


2. Green stuff on trees and the ground.  I heard they are called "leaves" and "plants", respectively.  Monday I was washing my hair after my run and thought I'd given an hitchhiking caterpillar a ride home on my head, but fortunately it was only a chunk of oak pollen the size (and texture, yikes!) of a caterpillar.

3. A crow fly off carrying a dead mouse/rat/baby squirrel (cue The Circle of Life).  Reminds me of the squirrels we used to see at Florida that could jump from a trash can to a tree carrying a discarded piece of pizza.

Stronger than they look.
4. My brother-in-law's wife's "twin".  My brother also has a twin that I see from time to time, but his twin needs to lose about 50lbs.  A, your twin appears to be in pretty good shape.

5. An old Chinese woman carrying a fishing pole try to run down a goose on the sidewalk with her bike.  Surf 'n turf?

How can anyone say running is boring?  What's the most interesting thing you've seen on a run lately?